Blogs & News
Control your postings to closed VAT periods in Business Central
3 March 2023
In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, a new field has been added to the General ledger Setup, to control how to deal with postings that are going into a VAT period, that have already been closed and submitted to HMRC.
This means you can stop postings to closed VAT periods, so you never miss out an entry on your VAT return.
How do I do this?
In Business Central search for the General Ledger Setup and you’ll now see options available to you:
- Blocked posting in closed and warn for release period : you cannot post an entry in a closed VAT period. If the VAT period has been released a warning message will appear
- Block posting in closed period: you cannot post an entry in a closed period but will not be warned if you post in a VAT period that has been released
- Warn when posting in closed period: you can post in a closed VAT period but the posting will not be blocked
- Disable: no checks are done on the VAT period related to the posting
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a cloud-based, all-in-one ERP business management solution from Microsoft.
Designed to integrate with the full Microsoft suite – such as Outlook, Excel, and Power Apps – Business Central can connect and automate your business from managing your accounts, stock, projects, manufacturing, and sales.
Become a smarter, more agile, and better-informed business with Business Central – a solution which can evolve and grow as your business grows.
Business Central offers:
- Greater control and insight of your business
- Real time business reporting
- Cloud benefits – secure access from anywhere
- Full Microsoft 365 integration – increasing collaboration and efficiency across your business
- Customisations for specific industry needs with Power Apps, Power Automate and Power BI
Business Central is flexible to suit any business needs so simply choose which modules are needed for your business.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Dynamics 365 Business Central.