Blogs & News
Creating an ad hoc Conference call in Microsoft Teams Phone
31 July 2023
Did you know it’s easy to turn a standard telephone call into a Conference call in Microsoft Teams Phone?
You may be on a call with a colleague and need to bring in other members of the team for a larger discussion. Instead of starting a new call or scheduling a new conference call, you simply turn your existing call into a conference call.
This blog explores how you can do this in just a few simple steps.
How do I do this?
1. During an active call, click on the People icon at the top of the Microsoft Teams window. The existing members of the call will be displayed.
2. You can then enter the name or number of the people you want to add to the call.
3. In this example we are going to add ‘Carol’ into the call.
4. Select ‘Carol’ and you’ll see that a call is made to ‘Carol’.
5. Once ‘Carol’ answers the call, the participants list is updated, and all three parties are now part of the same call.
- You have the option to Mute everyone in the call except yourself using the Mute all button.
- You have the option to remove participants from the conference call. Simply hover over the microphone icon against the participant’s name to see the available options and then click on Remove from meeting.
6. To end the call click on the red Leave button as normal.