Blogs & News
Do you know what to do if you receive more inventory than expected in Business Central?
3 May 2022
Summary – Over receipts in Business Central
Do you know that it is possible to control Over receipt for purchases in Business Central?
If you receive more inventory than expected, the user will receive a message and it is possible to run approval process.
What do I do?
- Add general setting for Over receipt codes.
- Add specific settings for items and vendors to have more control points.
- User receives notification if try to receive quantity more than have in order. It is possible to change quantity according to Over-Receipt Tolerance range.
- Create Purchase Order approval process from template – add new response Approve Over Receipt:
- And add filter by Purchase line only with Over-Receipt codes for this workflow.
- If workflow is enabled and there is Over-receipt situation, during posting user has an error message:
- User needs to Request approval purchase document.
If you receive more items than ordered, take a look at this Microsoft article for more assistance.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Connect, collaborate, and grow your business with the power of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a cloud-based, all-in-one ERP business management solution from Microsoft.
Designed to integrate with the full Microsoft suite – such as Outlook, Excel, and Power Apps – Business Central can connect and automate your business from managing your accounts, stock, projects, manufacturing, and sales.
Become a smarter, more agile, and better-informed business with Business Central – a solution which can evolve and grow as your business grows.
Business Central is flexible to suit any business needs so simply choose which modules are needed for your business.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Dynamics 365 Business Central.