Blogs & News
Find out how to credit an invoice with a few clicks in Sage 50
7 July 2022
The Credit Invoice button in Sage 50 Accounts can be used to generate credit notes based on the content of existing invoices.
Credit notes may be generated for both updated and non-updated invoices.
If you want to generate a credit note on your accounting software based on the invoice you are crediting, there is no need to re-key the information.
How do I credit an invoice?
1. Click Invoices and credits and select an Invoice to credit, then click Credit invoice.
2. Amend the credit note as required then click Save.
- You can modify things like amounts, dates, and references here, along with any other changes required.
- If the invoice has not been updated, the credit note is created and added to the Invoice List.
In this instance please proceed to step 4.
- If the invoice has been updated, the following message appears:
‘Do you want to update this credit note and allocate it to Invoice xx?’
3. To allocate the credit note to the invoice click Yes.
- The following message appears:
‘Credit Note xx (Transaction No xx) has been updated and allocated to Invoice yy (Transaction No yy)’
- If the invoice has already been paid through Bank > Customer, the credit note is updated but remains unallocated.
4. Click Close.
When you update a product credit note, this also posts a Goods Returned (GR) transaction on the product activity to move the stock back in.
Create a more agile, efficient & modern business with Sage 50 Accounts.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional
Sage 50cloud Accounts gives you the ability to leverage & act upon accurate information – which is at the core of all successful business operations.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage 50cloud.