Blogs & News
Get an immediate visual on your Business Central data without having to be a Power BI expert
24 May 2022
As a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central user you can easily create a report in Power BI using the data that’s in a view of your model-driven app. Power BI automatically generates the visuals for you, so you can start reviewing and analysing the data produced in just a few simple steps.
How do I do this?
1. The first step is to check that you have embedded content switched on in your Power Apps admin environment.
NOTE: These settings can be found in the Power Platform admin centre by going to:
Environments > [select an environment] > Settings > Product > Features…don’t forget to Save your changes.
2. For the App developer, make sure in your Model Driven App you have selected:
Settings > Features > Yes to Enable Power BI report visualization on a table…then Save.
3. After saving and publishing your app, hit the Play button.
4. When in your model-driven app in Play mode, you will see the “Visualize this View” option appear.
5. Select > Visualize this View – a Power BI quick summary view is produced automatically.
6. Select > Show data table – the actual data table can be viewed as shown.
Factors to consider
- When creating the dataset and report for the first time, it can take some time for you to be able to visualise the data in a view. Microsoft are working to improve this known performance experience.
- Columns are currently not indicated by their display name – they are instead indicated by their logical name. Microsoft will be making updates in the near future, so that columns’ display names appear in the Power BI report.
- If you have guest users in a tenant, this feature will unfortunately not be supported for them.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Connect, collaborate, and grow your business with the power of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a cloud-based, all-in-one ERP business management solution from Microsoft.
Designed to integrate with the full Microsoft suite – such as Outlook, Excel, and Power Apps – Business Central can connect and automate your business from managing your accounts, stock, projects, manufacturing, and sales.
Become a smarter, more agile, and better-informed business with Business Central – a solution which can evolve and grow as your business grows.
Business Central is flexible to suit any business needs so simply choose which modules are needed for your business.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Dynamics 365 Business Central.