Blogs & News
How can I give certain users read-only access in Sage 50 Accounts?
24 October 2022
One of the new features of v28.1 is to allow a set-up of a user with read-only access in Sage 50.
You may want to give certain users read-only access to your Sage 50 Accounts data. This will allow them to view data and reports, but not make any changes or data processing.
NOTE: This feature is only available in v28.1. You can check your version number from within Sage 50 Accounts via Help > About.
How do I set up a read-only user?
1. Login to Sage 50cloud Accounts as Manager or as an Administrator user.
2. Click Settings, select User Management then click Users.
3. Click New.
4. Choose the ‘Read-only‘ user type then click Continue.
5. Enter a User Name and specify a password if required, then click Continue.
6. Select all areas of the application that you want the user to have read-only access to, then click Continue.
7. Click Continue on the Remote Data Access section.
8. Click Save.
The read-only user is now set up and will have read-only access to the areas you selected when setting their access level.
Sage 50 Health Check
GCC are offering a free Sage 50 Accounts Health Check for Sage 50 users.
We are aware that a lot of things may have changed in your business, post-COVID – and we want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your Sage 50 Accounts.
This free 30-minute health check will be via Microsoft Teams, with our Sage consultant – Guy Lester.
This Sage 50 Health check will review:
- the performance, management accounts, reporting, credit control & stock within your Sage 50.
Create a more agile, efficient & modern business with Sage 50 Accounts.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional
Sage 50cloud Accounts gives you the ability to leverage & act upon accurate information – which is at the core of all successful business operations.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage 50cloud.