Blogs & News
How do I block a nuisance caller in MX Cloud?
12 December 2022
Whether it be an automated system that keeps dialling your number, or a specific contact number, there are times when you just want to block a number.
Blocking a number means that your phone will no longer ring if the blocked number tries to call you. They will also not be able to leave you voicemails.
How do I block a nuisance caller?
The easiest way to block a nuisance call is to create a Call handling rule.
Let’s say you no longer wish to take a call from the number 01234 567890. Firstly, you’ll need to set up a call handling rule by following the steps below.
Set up a call handling rule
1. Click on the ellipses (three dots) in the top right corner of MX Cloud and select Settings > Call Handling.
2. Click on the green “Plus” and the Call Handling Rule Editor is displayed.
3. Give the new Rule a meaningful name, such as “Nuisance Callers“.
4. Leave Events as “Any Incoming call”.
5. In Conditions click on Call from and then click on the green “Please specify.”
6. Next click on the green Plus button on the right, and from the drop-down menu select “Phone Number”.
7. Click on the words “Please specify” and type in the number to block, e.g. 01234567890.
NOTE: If you need to add additional numbers, just click on the Plus icon again and enter the next number.
8. Click on the green OK button directly under the number(s) entered to close this “Call From” window.
9. In Action click on Reject.
10. Your rule should now look like this:
11. Click on OK to Save the new rule.
Next, you’ll need to position the rule so it’s at the very top of your Call Handling Rules. This way it will be the first rule checked.
How to position your call handling rule
1. In the Rules window find the new rule.
2. Highlight it, then use the green Up arrow button to move the rule to the very top.
NOTE: The Green box against the rule indicates that the rule is Active.
3. Click on the OK button to save the changes and Exit.
The next time you receive a call from any of the numbers in this rule, the call will be immediately disconnected, and there will be no indication to you that the call was ever received.
MX Cloud – Next generation telephony
MX Cloud telephony system brings together voice, instant messaging, Email, web conferencing, text, and video communications in one place.
MX Cloud can work seamlessly with your existing communication systems. Giving you a unified communications platform, so you’re always connected to your business, 24/7.
With MX Cloud, communicating and collaborating has never been quicker or easier.
When all your employees are under the same roof, it’s easy to get teams together to collaborate. But when your employees are working remotely or in different offices, how do you pull your team into the same virtual room?
MX Cloud incorporates all the interoffice communication features. Features such as presence status, secure group chat, web conference, drag and drop call operations can be brought into one easy to use collaboration tool.
Find out how MX Cloud can keep your teams connected from anywhere. Speak to a member of the GCC team now.