Blogs & News
How do I change my password in Microsoft 365?
1 June 2022
For security reasons an end user may need to reset their Microsoft 365 password. The new password you create for Microsoft 365 must be 8 to 16 characters in length, contain at least one Uppercase / Lowercase letter, a number( between 0-9) and include a symbol, for example !, & or $.
Microsoft 365 will remember previously used passwords and any common passwords seen across the Microsoft Cloud platform will be revoked, e.g. Passw0rd, Letme!n123.
How do I change my password?
Follow the steps below to change your password in Microsoft 365:
1. Sign-in to your Microsoft 365 portal via an Internet browser, via: https://www.office365.com
2. Then select the settings icon (top right-hand corner), as shown below
3. Then Select the “Change your password”
As shown below…
Tips for choosing a new password in Microsoft 365
- Avoid using a password from your personal life at work. For example, your Amazon or online shopping account password.
- Don’t use common substitutions (e.g. 0 for O, 1 for an I).
- Avoid using the name of someone close to you, for example – children’s or pet’s names.
- Don’t use important numbers like birthdays, anniversaries or your home address.
If you have any questions about this or need assistance, then please contact the GCC Group Support Team on 0345 260 1151 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In our personal and business lives, we’re becoming more connected than ever. Microsoft 365 is the world-class cloud-based platform which helps you to achieve your goals from anywhere.
Microsoft 365 is a suite of apps bringing together all the greatest Office applications in one cloud-based platform, enabling your people to connect, collaborate and get things done from anywhere.
Applications that help you stay connected and get things done include:
Microsoft’s iconic word processing program allows you to create and share documents, now with intelligent document support.
Simplify complex data with the world’s most-used spreadsheet program.
Create and share outstanding presentations.
Bring everyone together with secure video & call conferencing, instant messaging, and collaboration.
Manage all your emails in one place.
- One Drive
Save files securely and access them at any time, from anywhere.
Create team sites to share information, files, and resources.
Plus, other useful applications such as Exchange, Intune and Azure Information Protection.
Speak to us today to find out how which Microsoft applications could be deployed in your business.