Blogs & News
How do I correct a mistake in Sage 50?
6 September 2023
Knowing how to correct mistakes in Sage 50 Accounts can save you time. This guide takes you through how to edit, delete, reverse or unallocate a transaction.
NOTE: Sage 50 Accounts v26.2 and above – When you apply a search that only returns one result, you can disable the Delete or Edit option. Instead of using a search or filter, use the Find option.
How to edit a transaction
1.Click Transactions, then select the transaction you want to amend and click Edit.
2. Edit the transaction details as required.
3. To edit the item line details, in Item Line Details select the item to edit then click Edit.
4. To edit a payment allocation reference, in Payment Allocations, select the required item and click Edit, then amend the Payment Ref and click Close.
5. Click Close then click Save then click Yes.
How to delete a transaction
1. Click Transactions then select the transaction you want to delete and click Delete.
2. Click Delete then click Yes.
- If the transaction is VAT reconciled a message appears ‘Do you wish to reverse this transaction?’ select Yes.
- If the transaction is bank reconciled, a message appears advising of this, select Yes. When you re-enter the transaction, you must also bank reconcile the new transaction again.
3. Depending on the status of the transaction, it is either deleted or reversed.
What if I can’t edit or delete a transaction?
On some transactions, there are restrictions, which can be why you’re unable to edit a transaction. For example, automatic transactions, older journal entries, VAT reconciled transactions, foreign currency transactions etc.
Instead, you must post a manual correction to reverse the transaction and, if required, repost them correctly.
Sage 50 Health Check
GCC are offering a free Sage 50 Accounts Health Check for Sage 50 users.
We are aware that a lot of things may have changed in your business, post-COVID – and we want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your Sage 50 Accounts.
This free 30-minute health check will be via Microsoft Teams, with our Sage consultant – Guy Lester.
This Sage 50 Health check will review:
- the performance, management accounts, reporting, credit control & stock within your Sage 50.
Create a more agile, efficient & modern business with Sage 50 Accounts.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional