Blogs & News
How do I place ZAC calls from my CRM system using click-to-call?
18 July 2023
Many applications, such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM will have a clever piece of code linked to a telephone icon, built into their screens.
When you click on this icon, the application will launch a CRM record and then place a call for you using your preferred telephone application.
In Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 CRM you’ll see Contact forms have the below icon against telephone numbers.
This ‘click-to-call’ functionality is ideal for organisations that make lots of external calls, as it eliminates the need to flick between your CRM and phone system.
How do I set up the click-to-call functionality?
In order to enable the functionality of making calls with just one click, you’ll need to make ZAC your default calling app.
1. In Windows, launch the Default Apps.
TIP: You can do this by typing in Default Apps in the bottom left of the screen, where it says, “Type here to search”.
2. Once in the default apps area, scroll down the list on the right, until you see the option called; “Choose default applications by protocol”.
3. Then click on the text “Choose default applications by protocol” and then scroll down the list until you see on the left-hand side “TEL> URL:tel”.
NOTE: This may also be called TEL Internet Call Protocol
4. If you already see ZAC listed, then your PC is already configured, otherwise click on the icon, and select ZAC from the list of applications.
5. Now whenever you see a phone or Call icon, which uses the Calling App, such as your CRM package, ZAC will now automatically dial the number for you.
6. The below will pop up, simply press Call and the system will place the call for you.