Blogs & News
How to add, remove & resize columns in Sage 50
7 March 2023
In Sage 50 Accounts it’s easy to add, remove and resize columns to meet your requirements. You can do this in each module, such as customers, suppliers, invoices and credits.
How do I add, remove and resize columns?
In each section, you can customise the columns you see, instantly making it easier and quicker to keep control and up to date with information. Just right click the header bar to see a list of options you can turn on or off.
1. Open the module or window you want to customise.
2. To add or remove a column, right-click an existing column heading, then click the column you want to add or remove.
The image below shows an example of supplier options and the columns that are currently visible are shown as ticked.
3. To resize a column heading, simply click and drag the partition to the right of the column heading.
TIP: To reset the column view to the default, right-click an existing column then click Use Defaults.
Additional options for configuring columns
There are some additional options that you can use to determine when columns can and cannot be customised.
1. Select the Tools menu > Options
- Allow columns to be hidden and resided (default) – You can resize, hide and include additional data columns in many areas of the software. If you select this option the column settings are specific to the logged on user.
- Use Manager account settings for column display – All users logging on to Sage 50 cloud Accounts view the same columns that have been set by the manager login name. They can see the smart column options, but can’t make changes.
- Use default settings for column display – This option turns off the configurable columns, and the default columns appear in all modules.
Sage 50 Health Check
GCC are offering a free Sage 50 Accounts Health Check for Sage 50 users.
We are aware that a lot of things may have changed in your business, post-COVID – and we want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your Sage 50 Accounts.
This free 30-minute health check will be via Microsoft Teams, with our Sage consultant – Guy Lester.
This Sage 50 Health check will review:
- the performance, management accounts, reporting, credit control & stock within your Sage 50.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional