Blogs & News
How to add the customer order number to your customer statements in Sage 50 Accounts
20 October 2023
To help you track customer invoices and orders in Sage 50 Accounts, you can enter an order reference or number that your customer provides you, when you enter the sales order or invoice.
You can then add this customer order number to your customer statement layouts.
The steps in this guide detail how to add the Customer order number that’s on your sales order and invoice to your customer statement layouts.
How to add the invoice table to your layout
1. Select the document you want to amend, then click Edit.
2. Click Report, then Joins.
3. Click and drag the INVOICE table into the central pane.
4. From the AUDIT_HEADER table select the INV_REF_NUMERIC variable.
5. From the INVOICE table select the INVOICE_NUMBER variable.
6. Click and drag the INV_REF_NUMERIC variable from the AUDIT_HEADER table to the INVOICE_NUMBER variable in the INVOICE table.
7. Select the join between the two tables.
8. In the Properties pane, change the Join Type to Parent Outer.
9. Click OK.
How to add the data field to your document
1. On the menu bar click Toolbox, then click Add Data Field.
2. Click once in the blank space where you want the data field to appear.
3. Select the INVOICE table, then select CUST_ORDER_NUMBER.
4. Click OK.
5. If required, click and drag to move or resize the data field.
6. On the menu bar click File, then click Save As.
7. Enter a new file name then click Save.
8. On the menu bar click File, then click Exit.
NOTE: You might need to move some of your current fields along, so that you can fit in the customer order number. You can click and drag fields left and right to do this.
NOTE: You can also add a text box in the column headings for Customer Order No.
Sage 50 Health Check
GCC are offering a free Sage 50 Accounts Health Check for Sage 50 users.
We are aware that a lot of things may have changed in your business, post-COVID – and we want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your Sage 50 Accounts.
This free 30-minute health check will be via Microsoft Teams, with our Sage consultant – Guy Lester.
This Sage 50 Health check will review:
- the performance, management accounts, reporting, credit control & stock within your Sage 50.
Create a more agile, efficient & modern business with Sage 50 Accounts.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional