Blogs & News
How to allocate a credit note or payment on account to an invoice in Sage 50
9 May 2023
If you have a customer or supplier invoice in Sage 50 (SI or PI transactions) that is currently outstanding and needs to be paid off by an existing credit note, (SC or PC transactions) or payment on account, (SA or PA transactions) you can allocate these together.
This guide takes you through how to allocate credit notes or payments on account to invoices.
How do I complete allocations?
1. For credit notes and payments on account, on the navigation bar click Customers or Suppliers, then click Customer receipt or Supplier Payment.
TIP: To allocate credits or payments automatically, click Wizard at the top of the Customer Receipt or Supplier Payment window.
2. For each transaction you want to allocate, enter the payment details in the Customer Receipt or Supplier Payment window as follows:
- Bank A/C Ref – Choose the bank account you want the payment to post to.
- Date – Enter the date required for the allocation. Normally the later date of the transactions being allocated.
- Cheque No. – Leave this box blank, as this does not create an additional transaction.
- Payee – From the drop-down list choose the relevant customer or supplier record.
- Cheque value – Leave the value as 0.00.
3. For each transaction you want to allocate, enter the payment details as follows:
- On the relevant credit or payment on account line, click the Receipt or Payment box then enter the amount you want to allocate. If you want to allocate the full value, click Pay in Full.
- On the relevant invoice line, click the Receipt or Payment box then enter the amount you want to allocate. If you want to allocate the full value, click Pay in Full.
NOTE: If the amount allocated to the invoice is greater than the amount allocated to the credit or payment on account, the difference is posted as a payment on account.
4. To allocate the transactions, and post any associated payment, click Save.
Create a more agile, efficient & modern business with Sage 50 Accounts.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional
Sage 50cloud Accounts gives you the ability to leverage & act upon accurate information – which is at the core of all successful business operations.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage 50cloud.