Blogs & News
How to block a nuisance number in Microsoft Teams Phone
11 September 2023
Whether it be an automated system that keeps dialling your number, or a specific contact number, there are times when you just want to block a number, so that calls don’t even ring you, or end up in your voicemail.
How do I block a nuisance number?
The easiest ways to do this is by adding the number to the Microsoft Teams Phone “Blocked Contacts” list.
Let’s say the number 01234 567890 has been calling you, and it’s a nuisance caller.
Follow the steps below to find out how to block the number:
1. Click on your History tab, find the number.
2. Then click on the three dots at the end of the call entry, and from the drop-down list select Block.
3. Calls from this number are now blocked.
How do I manage my blocked numbers list?
1. To view and manage existing numbers in your blocked list, click on the three dots next to your profile picture at the top of the Teams application window, and select Settings.
2. From the list of Setting categories click on Privacy.
3. To block all calls which show as anonymous, or where the caller ID is withheld, tick the option Block calls with no caller ID.
When this number next calls, they will hear your number ringing on their handset/device, but the call won’t be presented to your Teams client, nor will the caller be transferred to Voicemail.
It will appear as if it was just unanswered.
4. To manage the existing Blocked numbers, click on the Edit blocked Contacts button.
Here you can see any numbers you’ve already blocked and remove them from the list if needed.