Blogs & News
How to change and enhance views on the fly with the Dynamics 365 CRM new feature
4 March 2022
Summary – Dynamics 365 CRM new feature
Dynamics 365 CRM new feature – This enables the end user to enhance system or personal views by:
- Amending (adding, removing, moving) columns
- Changing the way the data is filtered
This is not to be confused with creating a personal view. Personal views are saved and shared with other user. These are amendments which are temporary (for the moment). They are however very easy and intuitive to use.
What do I do?
When you have a list of data (a view) click on the column icon or the funnel icon directly above the data
The column icon will allow you to:
- Move column position by drag it up or down
- Adding columns
- You are presented with a list of columns from the set of data you are viewing. Click on the column(s) to add
- By selecting Related at the top, you are presented with entities which are related to your data. For instance the Case table related to Account. You would then click on the column(s) to add.
NOTE: Don’t forget to select ‘Apply’ for the changes to take place.
The funnel icon will initially show you how the data is filtered. You can now
- amend or delete this filter. Click on the ellipses (3 dots) for delete
- add a new row where you select a field that is to be used as filter.
Grouping rows with AND and OR, or selecting rows from related entity can make for very sophisticated data searches.
Here is a short video on adding columns to your views:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM is a comprehensive customer relationship management software, used by small medium & enterprise sized businesses, to give you and your team the power to drive sales growth.
Connect your sales, marketing, and service teams with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM – breaking down any data silos.
Dynamics 365 CRM offers a choice of role-based CRM modules: sales, marketing, customer service & field service – simply choose which modules are needed for your business.