Blogs & News
How to correct posted dimension values in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
13 July 2023
In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, incorrect, or missing dimension values that have been posted to the General Ledger, can retrospectively be amended, without having to do a reversal entry.
How do I do this?
1. The first step you’ll need to take is to find the General Ledger entry, or entries, that need amending from the General Ledger Entries list. You’ll then use the Correct Dimension function on the menu bar.
2. This will open a new screen showing the existing dimension values and allow for the replacement dimension value to be added to the correct dimension code.
3. You can now add missing Dimension Codes and Values, as well as replacing the wrong dimension values on posted G/L entries.
TIP: If this change relates to multiple G/L Entries, you don’t have to repeat for each entry, just select each entry before running the correct dimension function.
4. Once the correct dimension values have been added – click on Run, and either select Run Immediately, or schedule for a time that will not impact on performance, if altering many entries.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a cloud-based, all-in-one ERP business management solution from Microsoft.
Designed to integrate with the full Microsoft suite – such as Outlook, Excel, and Power Apps – Business Central can connect and automate your business from managing your accounts, stock, projects, manufacturing, and sales.
Become a smarter, more agile, and better-informed business with Business Central – a solution which can evolve and grow as your business grows.
Business Central offers:
- Greater control and insight of your business
- Real time business reporting
- Cloud benefits – secure access from anywhere
- Full Microsoft 365 integration – increasing collaboration and efficiency across your business
- Customisations for specific industry needs with Power Apps, Power Automate and Power BI
Business Central is flexible to suit any business needs so simply choose which modules are needed for your business.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Dynamics 365 Business Central.