Blogs & News
How to create a new user in Sage 50
1 November 2023
If you have more than one person who needs access to Sage 50 Accounts, you can easily set up a login for each user.
This guide takes you through how to set up new user logins. When setting up new users like this – you can keep track of each user’s activity and control what areas they can access.
How do I create a new user?
Only the manager login name or a user who is configured as an ‘administrator user’ has the ability to add a new user.
1. Login to Sage 50 Accounts with the login username manager and associated password.
2. Click Settings, then click User Management and then click Users.
3. Click New, then click the required user type, then click Continue.
4. In the user profile window, enter the user information.
- Create a username – Each person using the software must have a user name. The name can use upper or lower case characters, spaces or numbers.
- Password not required – Select this option if you don’t want this user to have a password.
Note: The option is only available to a standard user type.
- Require password change at next login – Select this option if you want the user to change their password next time they logon to this company.
- Create Password / Confirm Password – Adding a password to a username does provide extra security.
5. Click continue and then select the areas of the software you want the user to have access to.
TIP: To do this select the boxes for the required areas. To give access to all areas, click the Select All.
6. Once you’ve selected the required user access, click Continue > Continue.
7. Check the User Summary, then click Save and Close.
Sage 50 Health Check
GCC are offering a free Sage 50 Accounts Health Check for Sage 50 users.
We are aware that a lot of things may have changed in your business, post-COVID – and we want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your Sage 50 Accounts.
This free 30-minute health check will be via Microsoft Teams, with our Sage consultant – Guy Lester.
This Sage 50 Health check will review:
- the performance, management accounts, reporting, credit control & stock within your Sage 50.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional
Sage 50cloud Accounts gives you the ability to leverage & act upon accurate information. And this is at the core of all successful business operations.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage 50cloud.