Blogs & News
How to enable purchase ledger supplier alerts in Sage 200
26 September 2023
From version 2023 R1 in Sage 200 you have the ability to create alerts for you suppliers, when you are accessing specific forms on the POP module.
You can set up alerts on a supplier account, to show messages whenever you deal with that supplier. For example, if a supplier has specific requirements, you can set up a reminder message that will be displayed whenever you enter an order for that supplier.
This blog explores how you can use this functionality.
How do I do this?
1. To create the alert, browse to the supplier list, highlight the account you want to set the alarm for and click on the amend account option from the banner.
2. When you are on the amend account screen, navigate to the last tab called Alerts and click on the Add button, which is located at the bottom left-hand side of the screen.
3. You can now type the message that you want to appear and select the forms you want it to appear on.
4. Once you have finished, click on the OK button.
5. After you have saved the changes, you will be able to see the alert you created on the screen.
6. Next navigate to the POP module and create a new POP order.
7. Select the account you have created the alert for.
NOTE: When you do this, the alert message will pop up to your screen as below:
TIP: If you close the message, you can still bring the message back up by clicking on the alert button, next to the PL code.
- When you add a new alert, it will be set as active by default.
- To temporarily stop showing an alert, from the Amend Supplier Account either:
- Select the alert from the list, then click Set as Inactive.
- Edit the alert, and disable Make this Alert Active.
- You can see which alerts are active by checking the Active column in the alerts list.
- When you set up an alert on the supplier account, you can choose to show the alert for particular activities.
- You can choose to show alerts when entering purchase orders and returns and generating purchase orders.
- Supplier alerts are displayed for these activities in the Sage 200 desktop. These activities are not yet available in the Web Portal.
- Alerts are specific to an individual supplier, and you can have multiple alerts for each supplier.
Following these steps may have an impact on any third-party add-ons you have installed in and alongside your Sage 200 system. We would always recommend that you conduct thorough testing on a copy of your live databases and that you contact all the providers of any 3rd party addons or integration packages to ensure that their functionality is not going to be compromised in anyway.
Sage 200 combines powerful accounting software with the freedom of the cloud. Connect the dots between departments and become a smarter, more agile, and better-informed business.
The modules available mean the software can grow and adapt as your business grows.
Sage 200 offers:
- Supercharged features to power growth
- Greater control & insight of your business
- A simple, intuitive, user interface to support users
- Integration with Microsoft 365 – allowing your teams to collaborate and share more easily
- Module options for managing stock, projects & manufacturing processes
This intuitive software delivers big picture visionary information, as well as granular details. And has the capabilities to deliver the insights you need to achieve success for your business.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage.