Blogs & News
How to keep your information secure in Sage 50
29 August 2022
In Sage 50 Accounts, you have the ability to save reports and layouts as a PDF document, but how do you keep them safe?
To keep the information secure, you can set up passwords and restrictions on printing, amending, and copying the contents of the documents.
Adding password and restricting operations
In order to add a password to your document and restrict operations, you’ll need to carry out the following steps:
1. Select the document you wish to change, then click Edit.
2. In Report Designer, in the Report Explorer pane, click the document name.
3. In the Properties pane, click Security Options then click the finder button.
4. Change the security options as required:
Do not encrypt the PDF document
To apply no security settings to the document, select this option.
Encrypt the PDF document with a fixed password
To enter a case sensitive, fixed password to the document, select this option then enter your password.
This does the following:
- If you run a report to PDF file, the password is applied.
- If you email a copy of the layout to each individual customer, for example, when producing a statement run, this password is applied to every .PDF attachment.
Encrypt the PDF with a password defined by an expression
To use a password you have entered within your Sage 50 Accounts data, for example, the customer’s report password.
- To the right of the Expression box, click the finder button.
- In the Expression Editor window, in the Fields pane, browse to and double-click the required variable, for example SALES_LEDGER.REPORT_PASSWORD, then click OK.
Restrict operations on the PDF document
To restrict what can be done to the PDF document once it’s created, select this check box then amend the options as required.
5. To accept the settings, click OK.
6. On the menu bar click File, then click Save.
7. Enter a new file name then click Save.
8. On the menu bar click File, then click Exit.
Create a more agile, efficient & modern business with Sage 50 Accounts.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional
Sage 50cloud Accounts gives you the ability to leverage & act upon accurate information – which is at the core of all successful business operations.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage 50cloud.