Blogs & News
How to prevent postings before a specific period and set a lock date in Sage 50
10 January 2023
When completing a month end or financial year end, you might want to close the period and stop any transactions being posted that are dated before a certain date. You can set a lock date in Sage 50 and also control access to the feature.
How does it work?
When you set a lock date, if anyone tries to post a transaction dated prior to that date, the warning message ‘Your transaction date is set before the current lock date’ will appear.
- If you’re logged in as manager, you can override the warning and post to the period.
- Users with lock date access can also override the warning and post to the period.
- Users with no lock date access cannot post to the period. They can still create quotations, invoices, credits, sales orders and purchase orders with a date before the lock date, but they can’t update or post the items to ledgers.
Setting the lock date
1. Click Settings then click Lock Date.
2. Select the Lock posting before check box, enter the required date, then click OK.
Configuring user access to lock date
1. Open Sage 50 Accounts and log in as Manager or an administrator.
2. Click Settings > User Management then click Users.
3. Select the required user from the list and click Edit.
4. Click Level of Access in the left pane and then expand the Settings menu.
5. To allow access to override the lock date, ensure the Lock date settings check box is selected. To remove access, clear the check box.
6. Click Finish, click Save, then click Close.
Sage 50 Health Check
GCC are offering a free Sage 50 Accounts Health Check for Sage 50 users.
We are aware that a lot of things may have changed in your business, post-COVID – and we want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your Sage 50 Accounts.
This free 30-minute health check will be via Microsoft Teams, with our Sage consultant – Guy Lester.
This Sage 50 Health check will review:
- the performance, management accounts, reporting, credit control & stock within your Sage 50.
Create a more agile, efficient & modern business with Sage 50 Accounts.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional
Sage 50cloud Accounts gives you the ability to leverage & act upon accurate information – which is at the core of all successful business operations.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage 50cloud.