Blogs & News
How to recall an email in Outlook
14 April 2023
We’ve all been there when we’ve sent an email to the wrong person, or made a silly mistake we wish we could unsend! This blog will teach you how to recall an email in Outlook and how to write a replacement email if required.
It’s important to note that message recall is only available if both you and the message recipient have Microsoft Exchange or a Microsoft 365 account within the same organisation.
How to recall an email in Outlook?
1. Open your Microsoft Outlook account and go to your sent items folder.
2. Double click the message that you want to recall, this will open it in another window.
3. Once the email appears, the Message Tab will automatically open. Then select Actions > Recall This Message.
4. In the Recall this message box click either:
- Delete unread copies of this message
- Delete unread copies and replace with a new message
TIP: If you wish to receive notifications of the outcome select: Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient. Once chosen click OK.
5. If you have chosen to write a replacement email then compose the email and proceed to press Send.
6. If the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient box was ticked then a notification message declaring whether the message has been a success or failure will be sent.
- If the recipient reads your original email before you attempt to recall the message, then the recall will fail and a notification message will be sent.
- If the recipient hasn’t read your original email and you recall the message, then the original email will be deleted and the recipient will be informed of this.
- For a recall to be successful the email must not be touched by any process such as a spam filter.
If you have any questions about this or need assistance, then please contact the GCC Group Support Team on 0345 260 1151 or email@example.com
In our personal and business lives, we’re becoming more connected than ever. Microsoft 365 is the world-class cloud-based platform which helps you to achieve your goals from anywhere.
Microsoft 365 is a suite of apps bringing together all the greatest Office applications in one cloud-based platform, enabling your people to connect, collaborate and get things done from anywhere.
Applications that help you stay connected and get things done include:
Microsoft’s iconic word processing program allows you to create and share documents, now with intelligent document support.
Simplify complex data with the world’s most-used spreadsheet program.
Create and share outstanding presentations.
Bring everyone together with secure video & call conferencing, instant messaging, and collaboration.
Manage all your emails in one place.
- One Drive
Save files securely and access them at any time, from anywhere.
Create team sites to share information, files, and resources.
Plus, other useful applications such as Exchange, Intune and Azure Information Protection.
Speak to us today to find out how which Microsoft applications could be deployed in your business.