Blogs & News
How to save filters in Microsoft Business Central
21 July 2023
Within Business Central, you can save filters in the filter pane as a list view with a recognisable name. You can:
- Save a new list view with custom filters on specific fields, totals, and other calculated fields.
- Fine-tune and perfect your views over time by saving changes to them.
- Clone any system view by saving a personal copy that you can modify.
- Easily rename and remove personal views.
- Quickly switch between different views of a list in the filter pane or from the command menu, no matter how you accessed that page.
How do I do this?
To save time a filter can be setup and then saved and recalled for use when required. You can select the list you’d like to filter.
In this example we are using Purchase Orders by purchaser code.
1. Open the Purchase Orders and click on the Filter icon.
2. Views will then open on the screen.
3. Click on + Filter and in the drop-down list scroll down and find Purchaser Code.
4. After selecting the user you will see that Purchase Orders now only shows those orders that have Business Central as a Purchaser Code. You will notice a filter icon next to that column header.
5. To save the filtered list, select the ellipses (3 dots) and then press Save As.
6. Give it a name to make it recognisable for future use.
7. This has now been saved for future use by this user – this is not a global save.
8. To check that the View you have saved is available, open up a separate card then come back to Purchase Orders.
9. Click on the Filter icon.
10. In the Views list you will see your previously saved Business Central Purchaser Code. Select this and the Purchase Order screen will change to reflect the chosen view.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a cloud-based, all-in-one ERP business management solution from Microsoft.
Designed to integrate with the full Microsoft suite – such as Outlook, Excel, and Power Apps – Business Central can connect and automate your business from managing your accounts, stock, projects, manufacturing, and sales.
Become a smarter, more agile, and better-informed business with Business Central – a solution which can evolve and grow as your business grows.
Business Central offers:
- Greater control and insight of your business
- Real time business reporting
- Cloud benefits – secure access from anywhere
- Full Microsoft 365 integration – increasing collaboration and efficiency across your business
- Customisations for specific industry needs with Power Apps, Power Automate and Power BI
Business Central is flexible to suit any business needs so simply choose which modules are needed for your business.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Dynamics 365 Business Central.