Blogs & News
How to undo a bank reconciliation or unreconcile a bank transaction
14 February 2022
Summary – Bank reconciliation
If you make a mistake when performing a bank reconciliation in your bank account and reconcile bank transactions in error, you can correct this by editing the transaction to remove the reconciled flag, reverse the entire bank reconciliation or restore a backup and reprocess.
What do I do?
Remove reconciled flag from the transaction
- On the navigation bar click Transactions, select the required transaction then click Edit.
- Clear the Bank rec on check box, click Save then click Yes.
Reverse the bank reconciliation
If you have a Sage 50 Accounts subscription and working on v25 or above, you can use the reverse reconciliation option. This will remove the reconciled flag from all the transactions included in the reconciliation.
- Click Bank accounts and select the required bank account from the list.
- From the toolbar click Reconcile then click Reverse a reconciliation.
- Click the relevant reconciliation from the list then click Reverse reconciliation. **Note: If you reverse a reconciliation that has any subsequent reconciliations, these reconciliations are also reversed.
- Click Yes then complete the backup process.
- Click Yes to confirm bank reconciliation reversal.
Restore a backup
If you have a backup that you took before you reconciled, and it’s practical, you can restore the backup and reprocess the reconciliation and any transactions entered since the backup was take.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional