Blogs & News
How to use multiple General Ledger budgets on finance reports in Business Central
19 January 2023
In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, it is possible to report on two budgets on the same report.
This allows comparisons to a set budget and a forecast budget.
How do I do this?
- You need to personalise the Column Definition page to add the Budget Name column.
- Then, you simply select the budget you want to report against.
- To amend or create a new Column Definition: Open Financial Reporting from the Finance Sub Menu.
- In the example below Budget and Forecast X have been added.
NOTE: Variance calculations can also be added but in this example, they have not been included.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a cloud-based, all-in-one ERP business management solution from Microsoft.
Designed to integrate with the full Microsoft suite – such as Outlook, Excel, and Power Apps – Business Central can connect and automate your business from managing your accounts, stock, projects, manufacturing and sales.
Become a smarter, more agile, and better-informed business with Business Central – a solution which can evolve and grow as your business grows.
Business Central offers:
- Greater control and insight of your business
- Real time business reporting
- Cloud benefits – secure access from anywhere
- Full Microsoft 365 integration – increasing collaboration and efficiency across your business
- Customisations for specific industry needs with Power Apps, Power Automate and Power BI
Business Central is flexible to suit any business needs so simply choose which modules are needed for your business.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Dynamics 365 Business Central.