Blogs & News
How to use the dictation feature in Microsoft 365
26 April 2022
Fed up of typing? Would you rather just shout at the computer and let it do the typing for you?…. Then say hello to the Microsoft 365 Word dictation function.
Dictation lets you use speech-to-text to author content in Office with a microphone and reliable internet connection. It’s a quick and easy way to get your thoughts out, create drafts or outlines, and capture notes.
How do I do this?
Here’s how you can use the Microsoft 365 Dictation feature on your Microsoft 365 account. Once you’re signed into your Microsoft 365 account, make sure your microphone is turned on in Microphone Settings.
- Open up Microsoft Word and start a new blank document, or open an existing document.
- Go to Home > then select ‘Dictate’ button.
NOTE: You must be signed into your Microsoft 365 account
- Wait for the Dictate button to turn on and start listening.
- Now start speaking to the see text appearing within your Microsoft Word document. You can insert punctuation at any time by saying them explicitly, plus add “New Lines” within your document.
- Fix any mistakes manually with your keyboard without having to toggle the mic icon off.
- Please note, the same functionality has been introduced into Microsoft Outlook, when you start a new message the dictation icon will appear in the Message menu.
If you have any questions about this or need assistance, then please contact the GCC Group Support Team on 0345 260 1151 or email@example.com
In our personal and business lives, we’re becoming more connected than ever. Microsoft 365 is the world-class cloud-based platform which helps you to achieve your goals from anywhere.
Microsoft 365 is a suite of apps bringing together all the greatest Office applications in one cloud-based platform, enabling your people to connect, collaborate and get things done from anywhere.
Speak to us today to find out which Microsoft 365 applications could be deployed in your business.