Blogs & News
How to use the Global Changes Wizard in Sage 50 Accounts
14 September 2022
Changing a financial value, such as product purchase prices, can be done simply by using the Global Changes wizard.
You can use the Global Changes Wizard in Sage 50 Accounts to amend a range of records all at once, rather than having to manually amend individual records.
What can I update using the Global Changes Wizard?
You can use the Global Changes Wizard to update the following:
- Customer Turnover
- Customer Credit Limits
- Supplier Turnover
- Supplier Credit Limits
- Product Sales Prices
- Product Purchase Prices
- Product Re-Order Levels
- Product Re-Order Quantities
- Discount Matrixes
How do I use the Global Changes Wizard
NOTE: When you run this option, it is not reversible. Please take a backup of your data before proceeding.
1. Click Tools then click Global Changes.
2. Select the type of value you want to amend then click Next.
3. If required, select the records you want to amend then click Next.
Alternatively, to select all of the records, click Swap then click Next.
4. Enter your values as required:
|Type of change|
From the drop-down list choose one of the following types of change to be made:
· Add amount – Increases the current values by the specified amount.
· Subtract amount – Decreases the current values by the specified amount.
· Multiply by amount – Multiplies the current values by the specified amount.
· Divide by amount – Divides the current values by the specified amount.
· Increase by percentage – Increases the current values by the specified percentage.
· Decrease by percentage – Decreases the current values by the specified percentage.
· Give figure – To change the current values to a specified amount, select this option.
Enter the amount or percentage to be used to update the value.
Choose from one of the following:
· Round up to– Rounds up the resultant value.
· Nearest – Rounds the resultant value to the nearest value, either up or down,
as specified in the following options.
· Round down to – Rounds down the resultant value.
|To xx Decimal |
This option is not available if the Type of Change is set to Give Figure.
Enter the number of decimal places required for the calculation. The resultant value is
then rounded in the selected rounding direction to the specified number of decimal
places, for example, £3.4567 rounded down to 2 decimal places = £3.45.
The number of decimal places is limited depending upon what is being updated.
Product Sales and Purchase Prices are limited to the Unit D.P. entered in Product Defaults.
Product Re-Order Levels and Quantities are limited to the Quantity D.P. entered in Product
Defaults. All other options are limited to 2 decimal places.
|Multiple of xx plus |
This option is not applicable if the Type of Change is set to Give Figure.
The resultant value is rounded in the selected rounding direction, to the figure
entered in the Multiples of field, and then adjusted by the figure entered in the
Plus Adjustment field.
For example, £3.4567 rounded down to Multiples of 0.50 plus
adjustment -0.01 = £2.99
5. Click Next.
6. To print the information click the Print check box or to send the information to Microsoft Excel, click the Send To check box.
7. Click Post, then click Yes.
Sage 50 Health Check
GCC are offering a free Sage 50 Accounts Health Check for Sage 50 users.
We are aware that a lot of things may have changed in your business, post-COVID – and we want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your Sage 50 Accounts.
This free 30-minute health check will be via Microsoft Teams, with our Sage consultant – Guy Lester.
This Sage 50 Health check will review:
- the performance, management accounts, reporting, credit control & stock within your Sage 50.
Create a more agile, efficient & modern business with Sage 50 Accounts.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional
Sage 50cloud Accounts gives you the ability to leverage & act upon accurate information – which is at the core of all successful business operations.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage 50cloud.