Blogs & News
How to view multiple calendars in Outlook using the Overlay feature
2 November 2022
Microsoft Outlook allows users to view multiple calendars at the same time (side by side) or combined into a stacked overlay view.
This overlay view is a great feature that enables you to see availability across multiples calendars on the same screen.
This is especially useful for checking the availability of colleagues before scheduling a meeting.
How do I view calendars in an overlay view?
1. From within your local Outlook client, simply select the Calendar icon, which is located at the bottom of the application.
2. Then simply select the calendars you wish to view. There are few different ways you can do this:
- The left-hand pane of Outlook shows ‘My Calendars, Other Calendars, Shared Calendars’ and any other calendars you already have access to.
If you’d like you view one of these, just check the tick box next to the calendar.
- If you’d like to a view a calendar that is not appearing in the above view, you can use the ‘Add Calendar‘ function, which can be found on the top ribbon of Outlook.
- Navigate to the ‘Add Calendar button’.
- A drop-down menu will appear, enabling you to add a calendar from various locations.
3. Once you have selected the calendars you want to view, the below screen will then appear.
5. You can then right-hand click on the first calendar and select “Overlay”.
6. This will display the calendar in an “overlayed” view.
If you want to display more than 2 calendars, simply repeat the above steps.
If you have any questions about this or need assistance, then please contact the GCC Group Support Team on 0345 260 1151 or email@example.com
In our personal and business lives, we’re becoming more connected than ever. Microsoft 365 is the world-class cloud-based platform which helps you to achieve your goals from anywhere.
Microsoft 365 is a suite of apps bringing together all the greatest Office applications in one cloud-based platform, enabling your people to connect, collaborate and get things done from anywhere.
Applications that help you stay connected and get things done include:
Microsoft’s iconic word processing program allows you to create and share documents, now with intelligent document support.
Simplify complex data with the world’s most-used spreadsheet program.
Create and share outstanding presentations.
Bring everyone together with secure video & call conferencing, instant messaging, and collaboration.
Manage all your emails in one place.
- One Drive
Save files securely and access them at any time, from anywhere.
Create team sites to share information, files, and resources.
Plus, other useful applications such as Exchange, Intune and Azure Information Protection.
Speak to us today to find out how which Microsoft applications could be deployed in your business.