Blogs & News
GCC’s top keyboard shortcuts to make you a Microsoft Teams wizard!
27 July 2022
Here are GCC’s top keyboard shortcuts to make you a Microsoft Teams Phone wizard!
We asked our ‘Microsoft Teams Engineers’ to share their favourite shortcuts that help them save time.
Check out their top ten shortcuts for meetings, chatting, and navigation…
What are the top keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Teams Phone?
These are tips that you can use during a Microsoft Teams Phone meeting:
To ensure you spend more time focusing on the meeting content, here are some shortcuts to make it easier for you.
See how to mute/unmute yourself quickly when there may be unexpected background noise, and how to swiftly switch your camera on or off.
1. Pressing Ctrl + shift + M will enable you to mute/unmute yourself quickly
2. Pressing Ctrl + shift + O will enable you to turn your camera on/off quickly
This is a tip that you can use to quickly start collaborating with colleagues:
Make communicating with your colleagues a doddle! With this shortcut, you can easily begin an IM conversation.
3. Pressing Ctrl + N will enable you to start a new chat quickly
These are tips that you can use when navigating in Microsoft Teams Phone:
Stop all that clicking and get to the function you need quickly. These shortcuts will help you move between your chats, teams, and calls, and search for information quickly and easily.
4. Pressing Ctrl + 1 + 2 + 3 will enable you to navigate up and down the left navigation rail. (i.e. Ctrl + 1 = Activity feed; Ctrl +2 = Chat; Ctrl + 3 = Teams etc.)
5. Pressing Ctrl + E will give you quick access to the search bar at the top of Teams
6. Pressing Ctrl / will enable you to see all of the commands that you can use, to easily navigate to different locations, access content, or set your status.
And finally…. this is a tip that you can use to speed up your day even more in Microsoft Teams Phone:
7. For even more shortcuts, type Ctrl + . to see all of them, or you can click on your profile in the top right-hand corner and click keyboard shortcuts.