Blogs & News
New feature alert: Sage 50 back-to-back ordering
25 August 2023
One of the great new features in Sage 50 v29.2 is back-to-back ordering, which enables you to create a purchase order from a sales order.
Using the Create Purchase Order(s) option from the sales order window removes the need to duplicate work and saves you time. You can quickly create one or more purchase orders from one or more of your sales orders.
In the Create purchase orders from a sales order window, the products from the sales order are shown and you can create a purchase order on a per supplier record basis.
How to create a purchase order from a sales order
1. Click Sales orders then click New and enter your details as required.
2. Click Generate PO.
3. Click Yes to save the sales order.
This will open the Create purchase orders from sales orders window, as shown below:
4. Select which products and quantity to order that are required on the new purchase order.
TIP: These amounts can be edited, or products deselected.
5. The Cost Price will be the last cost price (standard) in the product record or a price list. Check this is correct and edit if required.
6. The Supplier A/C will display the supplier from the product record, this can be edited to choose a different supplier.
7. Select the delivery address for the purchase order in the PO delivery address.
8. The PO due date is the date from the sales order, this can also be changed.
9. An information icon will appear to alert you if there’s already sufficient stock, the product is part of a BOM or if the credit limit for the supplier has been exceeded. You can place your cursor over the icon to see further details.
10. Finally, click Create purchase order to generate the order.
Sage 50 Health Check
GCC are offering a free Sage 50 Accounts Health Check for Sage 50 users.
We are aware that a lot of things may have changed in your business, post-COVID – and we want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your Sage 50 Accounts.
This free 30-minute health check will be via Microsoft Teams, with our Sage consultant – Guy Lester.
This Sage 50 Health check will review:
- the performance, management accounts, reporting, credit control & stock within your Sage 50.
Create a more agile, efficient & modern business with Sage 50 Accounts.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional