Blogs & News
Save time by making batch payments in Sage 50
15 November 2023
You can use the batch supplier payment option when paying off different suppliers invoices. This groups outstanding transactions in one window, allowing you to pay or allocate all at once.
NOTE: Batch supplier payments is only available in Sage 50 Accounts Professional.
How do I make batch payments in Sage 50?
1. Click Bank accounts then click Batch supplier payment.
Depending on the size of the display, you may need to choose Batch supplier payment from the Payments drop-down list.
2. To filter the list of transactions, from the Show drop-down list, choose one of the following:
- All – Shows all transactions.
- Due – Only shows transactions on or after their due date. The due date of a transaction is based on the Payment Due date in the supplier record when the transaction is posted.
- Date range – If you choose this option you can enter the from and to date, which then only shows transactions in that range.
3. If you require a record of these items click Print List.
4. To automatically allocate all of the outstanding transactions together and post a payment for the balance, click Pay All.
5. To manually select which items are to be allocated or paid, select the item lines then click Pay In Full.
TIP: In v28.1 and above, if your supplier is configured for BACS/SEPA and you use e-payments, you can select the check box to create an e-payment.
6. To part pay a transaction, click into the relevant payment box then enter the amount to be paid.
7. To save the batch, click Save.
Good to know!
- In Sage 50 Accounts v28.1 and above, this window now features the Ex. Reference field.
- You can’t allocate transactions from different accounts together. So, for example, a credit from Account One can’t be allocated to an invoice from Account Two.
- If your Bank Defaults are set to always create remittances, after posting your batch supplier payments you can also print remittances for them.
- If you’ve made an error, you can edit a supplier payment (PP) transaction.
Sage 50 Health Check
GCC are offering a free Sage 50 Accounts Health Check for Sage 50 users.
We are aware that a lot of things may have changed in your business, post-COVID – and we want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your Sage 50 Accounts.
This free 30-minute health check will be via Microsoft Teams, with our Sage consultant – Guy Lester.
This Sage 50 Health check will review:
- the performance, management accounts, reporting, credit control & stock within your Sage 50.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional
Sage 50cloud Accounts gives you the ability to leverage & act upon accurate information. And this is at the core of all successful business operations.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage 50cloud.