Blogs & News
Speed up processing in Sage 50 and easily locate transactions by hiding deleted items
15 May 2023
A great way to speed up your processing in Sage 50 and locate transactions, is to hide deleted transactions from your lists, activity window and reports. The transactions will still show in the Transactions window and will only be removed if a clear audit trail is run.
This guide explains how to hide deleted items from your lists, activity windows and reports in Sage 50 Accounts.
Update your settings
1. Click Settings, then Company Preferences and then click Parameters.
2. Select the Exclude deleted transactions check box then click OK.
NOTE: If the deleted\cancelled transactions still appear on the report, you can edit this in Report Designer to exclude the deleted\cancelled transactions.
Exclude deleted transactions on reports
1. Select the relevant report and select Edit. This will open Report Designer.
2. In Report Designer, click Report, then click Criteria and select the Show Disabled check box.
3. Select EXC_DELETED_TRAN and then click Modify.
4. On the Status option, choose Preset then click OK.
4. Click OK.
Exclude corrected or cancelled transactions on reports
1. In Report Designer, click Report, then click Filters.
- If a Modify Filter window appears, click Use Advanced Filter.
- If there is an existing filter on this report, click at the end of the filter then type AND.
- If you want to edit a report outside of the Nominal reports folder, enter the following filter:
AUDIT_HEADER.INV_REF NOT LIKE “REFUND” AND AUDIT_HEADER.INV_REF NOT LIKE “CANCEL”
- Or, if you want to edit a Nominal report, enter the following filter:
AUDIT_JOURNAL.INV_REF NOT LIKE “REFUND” AND AUDIT_JOURNAL.INV_REF NOT LIKE “CANCEL”
2. Then click OK.
3. Once you’ve made the changes, we’d recommend you save this as a copy, so you still have the original report.
To save the report
1. Click Reports, then click Report Properties and enter a new name and description for the document. Click OK.
2. Click File, then click Save As and save your report. The Save As window defaults to the correct folder for the type of document you are saving.
3. Click Save, then close Report Designer.
You’ll then be able to use the new report.
Create a more agile, efficient & modern business with Sage 50 Accounts.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional
Sage 50cloud Accounts gives you the ability to leverage & act upon accurate information – which is at the core of all successful business operations.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage 50cloud.