Blogs & News
Tidy up your data by removing historical data from the audit trail in Sage 50
21 March 2023
Is your historical data going back years – making it difficult to find transactions quickly? If yes, it’s time to tidy up your accounts which will help improve efficiency.
Running a clear audit trail in Sage 50 can help speed up the performance of your accounts and allow you to find transactions more quickly.
The Clear Audit Trail in Sage 50 option removes all transactions that meet the following criteria:
- Dated up to or on the date specified in the Clear Audit Trail option.
- Date must be prior to your current financial year.
- Fully paid.
- VAT reconciled, if applicable.
- Bank reconciled, if applicable.
- If you use the CIS module, transactions must be CIS reconciled.
- If the transaction is allocated, the linked transactions must also meet all of the above criteria.
Any transactions that don’t meet all of the above criteria aren’t cleared from the audit trail.
How do I run a clear audit trail?
Follow the below steps to clear the audit trail:
1. On the menu bar click Tools then click Period End and click Clear Audit Trail.
2. Enter the date you want to clear transactions up to and turn off bank reconciliation for bank accounts, if required. Then click Clear audit trail.
NOTE: This should not be a date within the current financial year.
3. To run a backup click Browse and select the required folder for the backup and click OK, then click OK and click OK.
4. To view the removed transactions click OK then click Close and then click Close again.
When you run a Clear Audit Trail, an opening balance journal is posted to replace the value of your removed transactions.
Now that you’ve completed the Clear Audit Trail, you may want to remove old records, invoices, and orders.
Sage 50 Health Check
GCC are offering a free Sage 50 Accounts Health Check for Sage 50 users.
We are aware that a lot of things may have changed in your business, post-COVID – and we want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your Sage 50 Accounts.
This free 30-minute health check will be via Microsoft Teams, with our Sage consultant – Guy Lester.
This Sage 50 Health check will review:
- the performance, management accounts, reporting, credit control & stock within your Sage 50.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional
Sage 50cloud Accounts gives you the ability to leverage & act upon accurate information. And this is at the core of all successful business operations.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage 50cloud.