Blogs & News
What is Microsoft Windows Storage Sense?
11 October 2023
Microsoft Windows Storage Sense is a silent process that runs in the background of both Windows 10 & 11. It frees up space by removing locally available files, that you aren’t using anymore, or by removing old temporary and/or cached files from your local c: drive.
Storage Sense is a Windows operating system tool that helps manage online and offline storage on the system, by automatically:
- Deleting temporary files
- Emptying your Recycle Bin
- Deleting junk files
- Clearing your Downloads folder and more
All without requiring users to manually delete.
How do I use Microsoft Windows Storage Sense?
1. To enable Storage Sense, in Windows 10 or Windows 11, start off by going to Settings > System > Storage.
2. The below screen will appear. You can then move the selection bar across to “on” to enable the Storage Sense option.
3. You can then use the Configure Storage Sense or run it now option to choose whether to delete temporary files that your apps aren’t using, free up space by removing unused cloud-backed content and free up space by cleaning up files.
In our personal and business lives, we’re becoming more connected than ever. Microsoft 365 is the world-class cloud-based platform which helps you to achieve your goals from anywhere.
Microsoft 365 is a suite of apps bringing together all the greatest Office applications in one cloud-based platform, enabling your people to connect, collaborate and get things done from anywhere.
Applications that help you stay connected and get things done include:
Microsoft’s iconic word processing program allows you to create and share documents, now with intelligent document support.
Simplify complex data with the world’s most-used spreadsheet program.
Create and share outstanding presentations.
Bring everyone together with secure video & call conferencing, instant messaging, and collaboration.
Manage all your emails in one place.
- One Drive
Save files securely and access them at any time, from anywhere.
Create team sites to share information, files, and resources.
Plus, other useful applications such as Exchange, Intune and Azure Information Protection.
Speak to us today to find out how which Microsoft applications could be deployed in your business.