Blogs & News
Windows 11, Microsoft’s latest computer operating system is here!
7 December 2021
On the 5th October 2021 Microsoft released the latest version of their operating system, Windows 11.
Windows 11 has some significant design changes, along with some alterations on how the system works under the hood.
Here are some highlights of the Windows 11 release:
- By default, the Start menu is centered on screen, along with icons in the taskbar. When clicked on, the Start button opens a menu of frequently used apps.
- Snap Layouts, Snap Groups and Desktops provide an even more powerful way to multitask and optimize your screen real estate.
- Chat from Microsoft Teams is integrated into the task bar, which provides a faster way to connect to the people.
- Widgets are a new, personalised feed powered by AI and provide a faster way to access the information you need.
- Windows 11 is the most inclusively designed version of Windows, with new accessibility improvements that were built for and by people with disabilities.
- It is optimized for speed, efficiency and improved experiences with touch, digital pen and voice input.
- The operating system is set up for hybrid work, delivering new experiences that work how you work, are secure by design, and easy and familiar for IT to deploy and manage.
Microsoft have not issued a statement regarding the compatibility of Microsoft Windows 11 with other software. We therefore advise that you delay upgrading any PC to Microsoft Windows 11 until Microsoft confirm compatibility. We will update you in the coming weeks as to potential next steps.
Note: Users already running Windows 10 do not have to upgrade. Windows 10 will continue to be supported and receive security updates until October 2025.