Your central business IT infrastructure is likely to depend upon networks and servers, which may be located in your premises or accessed via the cloud (that is, over the internet), but most probably it’s a mixture of the two.
Your IT infrastructure means the IT platform that you have in place to host your business application software and a GCC support contract will give you network and server support for:
- Centralised servers (physical hardware, tower, rack mount or blade and Virtual servers in a VMware or Hyper-V environment)
- Centralised servers that are hosted in a remote datacentre (such as Microsoft Azure)
- Centralised data storage systems such as Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN)
- All switches, hubs, routers, printers and associated cabling
- Your internet connection and firewall
- All the operational application software that runs the network such a Microsoft Server operating systems (2008 / 2012 / 2014) along with File & Print, Active directory and domain controllers, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft SQL, Citrix Server, VMware
- All above components can be on premise or in the cloud – everything is covered
Problems with your central IT platform means problems for your whole business. That’s why so many customers have a GCC support contract, to ensure that any network or server problems are either anticipated or speedily resolved.
The core Network & Server contract (Premium) always includes:
- Comprehensive remote monitoring and alerting service using the GCC perform™ support platform, including a daily, automatic update scan for performance, maintenance and compliance
- Windows software patching and update service as required to keep your operating system running at peak performance.
- Full Symantec Anti-Virus server protection is included in core package
- Disk space monitoring with alarms should a data threshold be reached for every supported server on the network.
- On premise tape drive monitoring to check daily for a successful backup.
- Monthly management report detailing any changes such as disk space availability
- Monthly incident management report detailing quantity of issues logged, how fast the GCC response has been, how fast the incidents have been resolved and in which technical area the problem occurred
- Premium support contracts come complete with a defined Service Level Agreement (SLA) and access to comprehensive helpdesk facilities
- Premium Plus contracts include an additional weekly management update email and an enhanced Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Networks & Servers support contract facilities apply to both on premise components and cloud components
For additional enhanced support services available for Networks & Servers (at additional cost) please review the ‘’enhanced services’ page
The pro-active and responsive hardware and software support that we provide can ensure that your Networks & Servers function effectively – every day. Contact GCC for further details.