The GCC Group has a goal to be the best IT service provider for SMB customers in the UK, bar none. GCC sees a future that is dominated by cloud technologies, for customers who demand extremely high customer service levels, delivered by IT professionals who can explain and deliver technology in a straight-forward manner.
- Turnover up in last 4 years from £2m to over £6m. Target is £10m by 2023.
- Solutions provided are – Microsoft 365, Hardware & Software, Modern Workplace, Dynamics 365 BC & CE / Sage 50 & 200.
- With IT support, Security, Azure, Microsoft 365 & Telephony.
- Use BC and CE internally, along with Microsoft 365 and Azure.
- More than 750 customers.
- Sweet spot is SMB and actively avoid large Enterprise deals.
- Focussed on pre-defined implementations, little T&M.
- More than 500 ERP support contracts (mix of Sage, NAV, BC).
- Total of 50 staff.
- Sales/consultancy office in Farringdon (EC1) Operational centre in Gloucester (including Service desk, finance, operations and project management).
- Steady stream of leads & supported by Microsoft.
- Goal is to build the Cloud and Infrastructure Business.
- And have some fun whilst achieving all the above!
The GCC group is a Microsoft Solution Partner – Business Applications, specialising in IT services for the SMB market. Core areas for this project delivery role include:
- Microsoft Cloud – Office 365
- Microsoft Cloud – Azure
- Microsoft Cloud – EMS security
- HP and Cisco – On premise network, server, and PC devices
GCC operates from:
- Operational Hubs – Gloucester and London
- Regional Offices – Birmingham and Bristol
We want everyone to enjoy life at GCC – work must be fun as well as delivering exceptional service to our customers. Team members will:
- Thrive in a challenging environment.
- Enjoy a life of constantly changing technology.
- And therefore, revel in the constant training needed.
- And enjoy an evening out now and again.
We are passionate about the development of our people, there will be:
- Endless technical training online, huge peer to peer training locally at GCC and leading-edge training at Microsoft in Reading and Paddington.
- Don’t forget about the customer service training.
The following is a summary of duties
- Providing project delivery services for GCC customers both on-site and remote from the Gloucester office.
- Microsoft Cloud online Services – pre-sales to post sales.
- Microsoft Active Directory work, domain roles, promote / demote domain controllers, AD upgrades both on-premise and Azure Cloud Servers.
- Microsoft Operating system new builds, rebuilds, troubleshooting Hosted & Physical Servers/desktop/laptops issues and installed or new hardware.
- Build / migrate / Go Live of customers Microsoft Office 365 portal, email / SharePoint.
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines, VPN Gateways, Site Recovery, Cloud Backup, SQL Services.
- Create / Update project logs via the companies CRM system, based on Microsoft Dynamics 386 CRM.
- Cisco Firewall configuration work (Cisco ASA & Cisco Meraki)
- Create / update GCC Blogs, Videos, documentation and policies.
- Provide Service Desk cover for GCC 3rd Line Support.
- Researching new products and services for GCC SMB customers.
– Innovative, flexible, and energetic.
– Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
– Able to problem solve and explain things clearly to non-technical people.
– Outstanding customer service focus.
– Strong written and verbal communications skills.
– Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining quality and attention to detail.
– Able to travel to GCC Customer’s sites around the UK. (Full driving License required).
Essential qualifications, skill & experience
– A-level / Degree or equivalent qualifications.
– Minimum one Microsoft Cloud qualification (Microsoft Office 365 or Azure Exam and accreditation).
– 4+ years’ relevant experience in IT Infrastructure.
– Microsoft Cloud experience, particularly Microsoft Office 365, Azure, EMS.
– In-depth knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory.
– Ability to apply knowledge to improve Microsoft products and the customer experience.
– In-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of Firewalls and networks, routers, Switches, VLAN’s, connectivity – the fundamentals of IP networking.
– Microsoft Windows 7 to Windows 10 operating systems knowledge.
Desirable qualifications, skills & experience
– Cisco qualifications – Router (Cisco CCNA) / Meraki Firewalls.
– Microsoft Cloud Services (Intune, SharePoint).
Job role – reporting to: Infrastructure Director.
Project Engineer role is based in Gloucester.
- Salary basic range c £25,000 – £35,000
- KPI based bonus
- 22 days’ holiday rising to 24 days
- Private health cover, Private Pension offered & life insurance