Blogs & News
Dynamics 365 CRM 2023 Release, Wave 1 – New Features Overview
17 February 2023
Summary – Dynamics 365, 2023 Release, Wave 1
It’s that time of the year again! Earlier in February, Microsoft released its latest roadmap for Dynamics 365.
This details all the exciting Dynamics 365 2023 Release Wave 1 new features, that we can expect over the next six months or so on the Power Platform that includes Sales, Service, Marketing, as well as the more technical aspects of the Power Platform.
What can we expect?
Artificial Intelligence seems to be everywhere at the moment and new AI enhancements feature heavily in this release, as do enhancements to the user interface.
Here are some of the more notable highlights, which we’ll blog about in more details over the coming months:
- SMS chat with a customer from within the Sales App.
- Sales tips and suggestions while you’re on a call with a customer.
- Realtime capture of “BANT” information during a sales call – Budget, Authority, Need and Timeline.
AI can check the call to ensure that all these items are discussed during a sales call.
- AI suggestions for Accounts to target.
- AI suggested replies for Customer Service.
- Frequency cap in Marketing to prevent over marketing to contacts.
- A new Email Template Designer which is much more like the existing Marketing designer and allows for a much richer design of standard email templates.
- Virtual Tables which allow you to surface data from another data source within CRM without having to go through a costly integration.
- And if you’re an administrator, you’ll soon be able to add columns to Forms and Views automatically.
How can I find out more?
The massive scope of all the changes can make it really difficult to know what to expect. Thankfully, Microsoft have created a few short videos to show some of these highlights in action.
The functional highlights for Sales and Customer Service, including closer integration between Sales, Commerce and Marketing can be found here.
The Power Platform release highlights can be found here. This covers Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents and updates to the UI (including new fonts and theme options).
When will these features be released?
All of these features will be slowly released over the next 6- 10 months, initially in preview for you to try out and see how you can use them, and then they’ll automatically be rolled out to Live a few months later.
The actual release dates do vary but they can be found in the official release notes. There are different release notes for each of the main aspects of the platform – Sales, Service, Marketing and Power Platform.
Some of the main release notes include:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
Deliver dynamic insights to transform your sales team and build lasting customer relationships
Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM is a comprehensive customer relationship management software, used by small medium & enterprise sized businesses, to give you and your team the power to drive sales growth.
Connect your sales, marketing, and service teams with Microsoft 365 CRM – breaking down any data silos.
Dynamics 365 CRM offers a choice of role-based CRM modules: sales, marketing, customer service & field service – simply choose which modules are needed for your business.
This progressive technology helps you to:
- Generate insights
- Analyse performance
- Attract new customers
- Retain existing customers
Speak to a member of the GCC team to find out more.