Blogs & News
How to process standing orders and direct debits in Sage 200
15 September 2023
Sage 200 gives you the ability to process Direct Debits and Standing orders for all modules (SL, PL, NL).
This feature will help customers that set up lots of Direct Debits and Standing Orders, to process transactions faster and more accurately.
In this blog, we’ll go through how these can be processed.
How do I do this?
1. Navigate to the Cash Book module and expand the “Maintain Standing Orders and Direct Debits” option.
2. After selecting the feature, you will be presented with the below screen:
3. Then, select the bank you want to create the DD or the SO with, and click on the Add button, located at the bottom left of the screen.
4. Once you do this, you will the need to select the posting type from the below selections:
For this example, we are going to use the Purchase Payment Direct debit.
5. After selecting the posting type, you’ll need to fill in the below information.
- Trader Selection: Select the PL account you want to set up the DD for.
- Description: Enter a narrative description
- Reference: Enter a reference
- 2nd Reference: Enter a second reference
- First Payment Date: Enter the first date you wish the DD to start
- No. of Payments: Enter how many months you want the DD to run for (max 999)
- Freq: How often the transaction is posted (Monthly, Quarterly, Other)
- Total amount to Pay: Enter the total amount for all payments (for example 12 x 100 = 1200)
6. Once you have filled in the required information, Sage will calculate the monthly payment.
7. When you save this, you will be able to see the DD on the main list.
8. You can now process the DD by accessing the “Process Standing Order and Direct Debits” feature, which you can find below the Maintain feature.
9. Select the date you want to process the DD.
10. Once you do this, you will have a report with all the transactions that have been posted.
NOTE: This feature is not integrating with your bank and doesn’t send out DD mandates.
This will only process the Sage transaction for you, but you will need to check your bank statement and confirm that the transactions are matching especially with DD as the amount collected might be different to the one you set up on Sage.
Following these steps may have an impact on any third-party add-ons you have installed in and alongside your Sage 200 system. We would always recommend that you conduct thorough testing on a copy of your live databases and that you contact all the providers of any 3rd party addons or integration packages to ensure that their functionality is not going to be compromised in anyway.
Sage 200 combines powerful accounting software with the freedom of the cloud. Connect the dots between departments and become a smarter, more agile, and better-informed business.
The modules available mean the software can grow and adapt as your business grows.
Sage 200 offers:
- Supercharged features to power growth
- Greater control & insight of your business
- A simple, intuitive, user interface to support users
- Integration with Microsoft 365 – allowing your teams to collaborate and share more easily
- Module options for managing stock, projects & manufacturing processes
This intuitive software delivers big picture visionary information, as well as granular details. And has the capabilities to deliver the insights you need to achieve success for your business.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage.