Blogs & News
How to use cross-selling items in SOP orders in Sage 200
6 April 2023
Sage 200 gives you the option to add items that you usually sell in bundles on a SOP order.
An example of this could be when you are selling a printer and you want to sell ink and paper with it.
This is a great opportunity to cross sell items in SOP orders in Sage 200.
How do I use cross-selling items in SOP orders in Sage 200?
To enable this, you’ll need to access the SOP settings and tick the “Allow users to select items for cross-selling” under the Sales Assistance tab.
Once you have enabled this, you can then add the cross-selling items to the main product on the Amend Stock Item Details under the Cross-Selling tab.
When you add all the items, you can then raise a SOP order for the main item, and click on the Save and Cross-sell button, located at the bottom of the screen.
This action will bring up a new window with all the suggested items, that you may want to cross-sell.
From this screen you can add all the required items and save them to the SOP order.
When you click Save, these items will appear on your order.
How will this feature benefit me?
This great feature enables you to add cross-selling items faster and more accurately, without needing to remember all the stock codes of the items.
- You can only add cross-selling items to sales orders and quotations. You cannot add to pro forms or sales returns. * (The cross-selling on quotation functionality only applies to version 2021R1 and onwards)
- You can only add cross-selling items to standard items, not free text items, additional charges, or comment lines.
- If the Save and Cross-sell button is disabled, there are no cross-selling items for this stock item.
- If the Save and Cross-sell button is not visible, then cross-selling has not been enabled in SOP Settings.
Following these steps may have an impact on any third-party add-ons you have installed in and alongside your Sage 200 system. We would always recommend that you conduct thorough testing on a copy of your live databases and that you contact all the providers of any 3rd party addons or integration packages to ensure that their functionality is not going to be compromised in anyway.
Sage 200 combines powerful accounting software with the freedom of the cloud. Connect the dots between departments and become a smarter, more agile, and better-informed business.
The modules available mean the software can grow and adapt as your business grows.
Sage 200 offers:
- Supercharged features to power growth
- Greater control & insight of your business
- A simple, intuitive, user interface to support users
- Integration with Microsoft 365 – allowing your teams to collaborate and share more easily
- Module options for managing stock, projects & manufacturing processes
This intuitive software delivers big picture visionary information, as well as granular details. And has the capabilities to deliver the insights you need to achieve success for your business.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage.