Blogs & News
Sage 50 Accounts v29 now available!
1 June 2023
Sage UK have released the latest version of Sage 50 Accounts – v29.
The Sage 50cloud Accounts V29 upgrade has some great new features and enhancements. Based on the ideas submitted via Sage City and voted upon by users, they’ve made improvements on the most commonly requested features.
What’s new in v29?
This new version introduces the following features:
- Improved Help – New and simplified in-product help link in every window of the software. The help window will remain open in the software and allow you to continue working.
- Increased number of characters for Product Descriptions and Part Numbers – Increased from 60 characters to 120 for the product description and from 16 characters to 60 for the part number.
- Improved search options – enabling you to search across most fields and not just the reference in drop downs within processing windows.
- Gross column added to batch entries – New column to display the gross figure alongside the Net and VAT columns.
- Additional analysis and email fields on records – Allowing up to 6 email addresses and analysis fields.
- Invoice layouts with bank account details – Standard layouts now available with details of the default bank account.
- Improvements to invoice payments – With Sage Invoice Payments using Stripe or PayPal, will now take in to account settlement discounts and customers can now make part payments of an invoice.
- EORI numbers improvement – You can now enter EORI numbers on additional addresses within the addresses and contacts option for customers and suppliers.
- Ledger refresh – A refresh option added to most modules to refresh the data visible on screen.
- Search and filter options added to Projects module – help you to locate information quickly in your Projects.
- Reinstated the ability to ignore ‘Zero Value’ entries on a file import – You no longer need to remove zero value items from file imports.
Installing the upgrade
If you wish to upgrade to the latest version of Sage, we strongly advise that you check that your system meets the basic system requirements, before you install the upgrade.
If you are using a 3rd party add-on, we also advise that you check with the independent add-on provider that your add-on is compatible with the new version.
- If you’re not experienced or confident with installing Sage 50 Accounts, or have an unusual set up, please contact the team so we can help further.
- If you’re experienced at installing Sage 50 Accounts, you can download the software directly from www.sage.co.uk\install.
NOTE: If your data is held on a computer with no Sage 50 Accounts software installed and hosts data only, you install the data service only on the computer or server where your data is held. The service controls the reading and writing of data.
Create a more agile, efficient & modern business with Sage 50 Accounts.
Sage 50 combines the power of desktop accounting with cloud computing, allowing you to access your critical information any time, from anywhere.
The automated data-capture, in-depth reporting, and built-in help & guidance offered by Sage 50cloud accounts makes it an accounting system for the digital age.
There are 2 variations of Sage 50cloud accounts available:
- Sage 50cloud Standard
- Sage 50loud Professional
Sage 50cloud Accounts gives you the ability to leverage & act upon accurate information – which is at the core of all successful business operations.
Speak to a member of the GCC team and find out more about Sage 50cloud.